Wednesday 14 May 2014

Additional tool storage trays.

The closure of the workshop is progressing slowly but surely. I'm beginning to make a small dent in the accumulated leftovers in my working life items from customers and work that I  have done on my past five homes that were well simply to expensive to throw away, but,  this time I have had to be brutal.

A lot went to the tip and dumped, I have given a lot away, some sold someone bay.

Now I'm sorting tools that will be sold one bay, many has already been sold, I'm also sorting what I will be keeping and taking with me.  They will now go into a short period of storage while the move takes place and right through until the completion of the purchase of our new home for security/ safety reasons.

While I still have the workshop  I  thought about how to store these tools. I could place them all in cardboard boxes, or make up other toolboxes which in turn take up extra floor space in any workshop plus extra space in the removal van and storage unit, so.

After a great deal of thought, I decided to alter my New Tool Cabinet without doing any structural alterations to the main toolbox its, simply adding extra storage drawers above the existing three base drawers.



I'm going to add two new layers of drawers.  The first a rack of three drawers, with two dividers in each drawer in theory giving me an extra 9 drawers, the second layer a  rack of two drawers again with two dividers giving me another 6 drawers.





Left and centre bottom unit with Accuride drawer sliders fitted these drawers will be a full 600mm   in width and they will open fully to 600mm as well. On the right, the second layer of drawer carcass taking shape these will be 400mm in width. I still have to source two pair of Accuride drawer sliders.

more to follow.

No comments: